Family Nurse Practitioner Program (FNP)
Why choose Columbus State University's FNP Online Program? This program is designed for the registered BSN nurse to complete a degree conveniently and efficiently while continuing a career.
- No commuting to campus
- Complete the program in as little as 2 years if you attend full-time (five semesters, 44 semester hrs)
- Highly qualified faculty members with various nursing backgrounds who facilitate learning
- 100% Online Asynchronous courses
- Clinical hours completed in your own area (765 clinical hrs are required)
- The Family Nurse Practitioner program has full approval from the Georgia Board of Nursing and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Ranked among the top regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report with special recognition of its online programs in the College of Education and Health Professions
Columbus State University's FNP program is completely online, designed for working nurses who want to earn their Master of Science in Nursing in as little as 2 years.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN) from a regionally accredited university and a nationally accredited nursing program (NLNAC or CCNE)
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Current unencumbered RN license
- Three (3) professional letters of reference
- Acceptance into the Graduate School at Columbus State University. For more information about graduate programs at CSU go to http://gradschool.columbusstate.edu
Steps for Admission to Columbus State University & School of Nursing
- Submit CSU Graduate Admission Application with a $50 non-refundable fee to Enrollment Services/Admissions office. Georgia residents 62 years or older, and previously enrolled students do not pay the application fee.
- Request all official transcripts for each college or university attended be sent directly to the CSU Enrollment Services/Admissions Office.
- Submit a completed and up-to-date Certificate of Immunization to the Enrollment Services/Admissions Office before enrollment.
FNP Application & Document Deadlines
Spring Semester: September 15th
Fall Semester: February 15th
Send all your official transcripts and letters of recommendation to:
Columbus State University
Attention: Enrollment Services
4225 University Avenue
Columbus, Georgia 31907-5645