Applying to the BSN Nursing Program
How do I Apply to the Nursing Program?
The School of Nursing accepts one class of nursing students to its program to start each fall term. Admittance to the upper level clinical course sequence each fall is competitive.
Students can request an application for the Nursing program from the PACE Office to apply to the nursing program once they have met the following requirements:
- Completed AREA A, AREA D required sciences (CHEM 1151/1151L and CHEM 1152/1152L), AREA F, and have fewer than 9 remaining hours of CORE left to complete. Students must meet the terms of the School of Nursing Science Policy*.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- It is also required that applicants for the Nursing program pass the "A2 Assessment"** test with 70% or greater on the three sections (math, grammar and reading) with 75% average or better.
- During the application process, students will also be asked to provide 3 professional recommendations.
February 10, 2016 - Students interested in applying for the fall 2016 program must submit an application to the university by this deadline.
February 26, 2016 - Deadline for applications for the fall 2016 Nursing Program
February 26, 2016 - Last day to take the Evolve Reach A2 Assessment Test. *The CSU Testing Center will send your test scores to the PACE Office.
March 11, 2016 - Deadline for Professional/Academic recommendations. *Must be received electronically by the PACE Office by 5:00 PM EST.
June 1, 2016 - Applicants will be informed via Columbus State University email as to whether they have been:
- Accepted to the Program
- Conditionally Accepted to the program
- Placed on the Wait List
- Not accepted to the program.
What is the Program GPA and how is it used during the selection process?
The program GPA is calculated using the pre-nursing course requirements. The course requirements include AREA A, B, C, D, E and F of the BSN degree. Please see the university catalog*** for more information.
To calculate your program GPA, please use the Program GPA Calculator (XLS)
Applications for the Fall 2016 program will be available January 11, 2016
*Information will be provided soon as to how you may request an application.
How are students selcted for the program?
To be eligible for the program, students will need to:
- Submit a complete application by the deadline
- Have satisfactory progress in the required course progression (AREA A, AREA D sciences, and AREA F sciences)
- Have fewer than 9 elective (non-science) courses remaining in course progression
- Have a minimum program GPA of 2.75
- Passes the A2 Assessment Test
Students who complete all of the above required steps will be considered eligible for the program. Eligible students are evaluated and ranked based on:
- Complete application to include references
- Review of Nursing Disposition form
- Review of University BART evaluation
- Program GPA
*The average A2 Assessment Test Score may also be a part of the ranking process.