Applying to the BSN Nursing Program
How do I Apply to the Nursing Program?
The School of Nursing accepts one class of nursing students to its program to start each fall term. Admittance to the upper level clinical course sequence each fall is competitive.
Students can request an application for the Nursing program from the PACE Office to apply to the nursing program once they have met the following requirements:
- Completed AREA A, AREA D required sciences (CHEM 1151/1151L and CHEM 1152/1152L), AREA F, and have fewer than 9 remaining hours of CORE left to complete. Students must meet the terms of the School of Nursing Science Policy*.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75
- It is also required that applicants for the Nursing program pass the "A2 Assessment"** test with 70% or greater on the three sections (math, grammar and reading) with 75% average or better.
- During the application process, students will also be asked to provide 3 professional recommendations.
February 23, 2018 - Students interested in applying for the fall 2018 program must submit an application to the university by this deadline.
March 2, 2018 - Deadline for applications for the fall 2018 Nursing Program
March 2, 2018 - Last day to take the RN ADMISSION ASSESSMENT EXAM. *The CSU Testing Center will send your test scores to the PACE Office.
March 16, 2018 - Deadline for Professional/Academic recommendations. *Must be received electronically by the PACE Office by 5:00 PM EST.
June 4, 2018 - Applicants will be informed via Columbus State University email as to whether they have been:
- Accepted to the Program
- Conditionally Accepted to the program
- Placed on the Wait List
- Not accepted to the program.